Warning: preg_match(): Compilation failed: invalid range in character class at offset 119 in /home/kalliefl/public_html/wp-content/plugins/convertkit/lib/url-to-absolute/url-to-absolute.php on line 302
It’s hard to workout with kids. Trying to find the right time, a gym with a kids area and let’s be honest, finding the motivation. I think as moms we’re constantly struggling with this battle of working out. I’ll be honest, it’s been two weeks since I’ve been to the gym. Between working non-stop and battling a respiratory cold it just hasn’t been a priority. With that said, I always feel better and more energized when I do get my workout in. On days I workout with the kids I have a few things that help me fit my workout in…most of the time!
It almost doesn’t matter how many tips we try and use, some of mine are here and here, sometimes you just need to take some time off. Taking a little time of gives your body time to rest and recover. Al least that’s what I tell myself. Ha! Anyway here is a look at how I plan my workout with kinds.
Fitting in a Workout With Kids
- Have a plan. This is easier said than done, but plan your morning or afternoon around your workout. Know ahead of time when that class is. Or, know what you want to accomplish that day…are you working arms, legs, full body, etc? Knowing what you’re completing helps you know how long it will take and get you through it faster. Whether you’re going to the gym or working out at home, know what you’re going to accomplish early to achieve your goal.
- Get it done before they get up, or after they go to bed. When I just had Aria I use to get up around 5 get my workout in, and have some time for coffee and me time. This one is much harder since I’ve added to my load and also have Amelia. But, when I do this I feel much more accomplished for the day. I love knocking it out early because then I’m not thinking about it ALL day. But, it’s not always easy, especially on days I work at the hospital. those days I usually consider my day a workout (I can log almost 8-10,000 steps a shift).
- If you’re kids love it, they motivate you. This one is HUUUUGE for me! Sometimes I’m not feeling it, but Aria LOVES going to the gym. I’m talking she begs me to go. She loves going to the kids Crunch area and playing. When I workout at home, the girls are always around and mimicking some of my moves. It’s so cute to see Aria try push-ups, or Amelia doing squats.
- Get the kids cute workout gear. My girls love to be comfortable and just like Mama, they love workout gear. How cute are these sets from Jill Yoga? Seriously the cutest prints and styles. When they came in the mail the girls were so excited. They were running around the house and begging me to wear them for gym/workout days.
- If you just can’t get to a specific workout, go for a walk in your neighborhood, head to the park and run around or our FAVORITE is to turn up the music and have a big dance party around the house.
In the end, it’s all about finding a balance and what works for you and your kids. I’m not perfect at it, I sometimes just can’t get to it. The key is to not be too hard on yourself. We’re doing the best we can to get through our day, be the best for ourself and kids. Once you find a routine it starts to get a little easier to stick to. It may take some trial and error, but you will get!
I’d love to hear some of your tips, tricks and ways of working out with your kids. comment below because I need ALL the help I can get, haha!
Thanks so much for stopping by! Now Get Out There Gorgeous and rock this week!
_____ SHOP MY LOOK _____
_____ SHOP KIDS WORKOUT GEAR _____